Australian Principal Certification:
• Recognises the central importance of educational leadership for the quality of student learning and the quality of schools. It recognises that the leadership provided by principals directly impacts on the work of teachers and the conditions for learning in schools.
• Provides the professional and public recognition of principals who demonstrate the Standard. Principal certification is recognition of the Standard in action.
• Demonstrates the professional commitment of autonomous principals to the Standard and to its operation in Australian schools.
• Provides a significant reference point for principals in their professional learning and ongoing leadership journey.
• Elevates the status of principals in the community.
School leader recognition
Principals Australia Institute believes that ‘Great Schools have Great Leaders’ and has led the development of the Australian Principal Certification Program to recognise exemplary school leadership formally. We will begin rolling out the certification program this year. Certification publicly recognises the importance of school leadership and the role of principals in improving the quality of teaching and learning in their schools.