The purpose of Principal Certification is to:
- provide a sound evidential basis on which to identify accomplished performance
- provide professional and public recognition of principals who demonstrate the Australian Principal Standard, elevating the status and esteem of principals in the community
- provide a significant reference point for principals in their professional learning and ongoing leadership formation
- contribute to building and sustaining expertise in the profession
- provide a valuable service to the profession and to employing authorities for recognising who has achieved high professional standards
- provide incentives for principals to collaborate, rather than compete, in attaining high professional standards
The reason to undertake certification sits at the intersection of principals’ moral, professional and personal purposes.
Personal purpose - Gain recognition from peers and the public for exemplary practice and a greater insight into your own leadership. Certification will become a highly marketable credential.
Professional purpose - Elevate the status of the profession.
Moral purpose - Affirm that principals are integral to student success.